Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Eggnog French Toast or Eggnog "bread pudding"! Fun in the Kitchen...I made this!!

Eggnog French Toast or "bread pudding"!


This is the first time I have posted a recipe that I made myself!
I happened to have a bunch of things here and really wanted some french toast- or something similar.
There were some leftover croissants that were a bit too dry and hard,some eggnog in my fridge and local eggs.
I've made french toast in the oven before and used to make bread pudding at a local restaurant- so kind of figured I would combine all these things.

First I cut up some day old croissants- these came from some bakery in Montreal.
My mother forgot the name and said it is some bakery that does not have a sign??
Well I used 3 croissants in my dish.

Cut up Croissants!


Next I mixed some eggnog and eggs in a bowl.
Remember to use a larger measuring cup or bowl-this was a bit too full and messy....








Eggs and Eggnog!


Then pour the mixed eggnog and eggs on top of the cut up croissants.

Before the oven


After a long time baking,this was the final product!
It tasted amazing and also can be stored in the freezer if cut in slices before freezing.
Best served with maple syrup or some fresh fruits!


Bread pudding or French toast, maybe both!

If you enjoyed this recipe or would like the actual measurements and baking info I can post that.
This would be a good dish for a brunch, dessert, snack.
Also you could freeze this and quickly reheat it for a breakfast on the run.
You can use any day old bread or baguette. The chain Independent always seems to have a lot of baguette and day old bread for half price.





No comments:

Post a Comment