Sunday, June 16, 2013

Topbox May 2013 review!

Finally getting around to writing my May 2013 Topbox review!
I liked the box items, but found for this month it was not really items I use that often (I prob have at least ten unopened lip glosses already).

Here is what was in my May 2013 Topbox:

*Cuccio Colour Nail Laquer: FULL SIZE!!
(13ml), value $10.00 colour name "I Left My Heart in San Francisco".

I always like getting new nail polish and some nice neutral shades are nice, as I do not own many of them.
This is a new line of nail polish and previously I did get samples of the Cuccio Naturale hand creams from Topbox.
The polish I got is a very light pink and seems quite sheer. It would be good for a French manicure.
I tried to get a solid pink on my nails and needed a good 3 coats. I'll probably get a darker colour to see how they apply sometime.

Cuccio Colour in I Left My Heart in San Francisco!






*Lise Watier Haute Couleur High Coverage Lip Laquer: sample size 1.5ml, value $5.75/ full size 6ml, $23.

The lip laquer is in the colour STYLISTA and is kind of a dark pink almost neon shade that does not have shimmer in it. I was kind of afraid of how this would look as it could be a raspberry kind of gloss and I usually do not wear such bright lip looks.
On myself I was able to make it look sheer, but even if I applied the "laquer" to be a solid colour it did look nice.r
I also like how the laquer/gloss has a nice fruity scent. Some expensive gloss I bought before had a awful perfumey smell that I did not like at all.
I was not able to test out how long lasting this product is as I am eating as I type and had to take the laquer off my lips.
Also I noticed Topbox has a maple leaf beside the brands that are Canadian in their "box". While Lise Watier is a Canadian brand, the lip laquer is made in Italy!


May 2013 Topbox!



*Yaby eyeshadow refill in Dragonling: shade #es553 , full size sample (3.0 grams), value $3.15
I was not too sure what to expect from this brand. I know I have seen their products in other boxes, but did not know anything about the brand at all.
The refill looks very tiny and I was not sure how concentrated it would be.
To my surprise the eyeshadow is extremely concentrated and you need almost nothing to get a very bright look!
Some of my other brand name shadows that are of this size (Lancome palette), I need ten times more product to get anything to show up.
The colour Dragonling is a sort of blueish/purple mix and looks much nicer than expected once applied.
I will definitely be buying some Yaby makeup in the future!

*Deborah Lippmann Smooth Operator: full size nail file, value $12
This is a nail buffer with 4 kinds of textures in one file.
You follow the 4 steps to have a polished look to your nails in minutes.
I am eventually going to try this out- unless my sister likes it.
I'm not in a rush to try out this file as I am already a big fan of the Tweezerman 6 in 1 ergonomic file and that works great for me. I already have nail polish on my nails, so this will have to wait anyways....




Topbox infocard!


My thoughts on the May 2013 Topbox:

Overall I am pleased with this box and the value is good at retail $30.90!
There was 3 full size products in the box and they are all things I will eventually use.
I have been a subscriber of Topbox since their first box and am still pleased with what I receive and enjoy trying the new brands they send me!

So? Did you try any of the products in this month's Topbox?
What Yaby products would you reccomend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment