Tuesday, January 22, 2013

GLYMM DECEMBER 2012 review!

My Glymm bag did show up on time in December,but being busy with the holiday season got in the way of posting. Before you know it the end of the month is almost here.
Better late than never and at least I am reviewing the whole contents of the bag .

Now seeing that this is the December edition of the Glymm bag I expected something much more "festive" for the contents.
Here is what I received in my Glymm bag:

* Lashem: Eyelash+ Brow Enhancing Serum.  
   Sample size unknown, but I'm going to guess 1ml, value $15.00. Full size 4.2ml, $70.00
I do not use eyelash serums as my lashes are already very long. This sample will be passed along to someone who uses these things.

* Lashem: False Lashes.
   Full size product, value $5.00
Looks like a lot of the beauty boxes are sending out lashes lately. These ones look very nice and wearable.
A neat feature is you do not need glue for the first use. I do not use false lashes often and was hoping to use these during the holidays,but did not really go anywhere that was very dressed up.
But seeing these lashes in person they look to be much more high quality that the Glossybox ones from their December box. The Glossybox branded lashes look too costumey and some people said they look like "something Nicky Minaj would wear". The Lashem false lashes still look somewhat dramatic, but also very tasteful at the same time.



* Suncoat: Natural nail polish remover. Full size 30ml, value $9.99.
   This product looks quite interesting. It is a nail polish remover that is all natural and made from a corn and soy base! Suncoat is also a Canadian made product.I do my nails quite often, so this is a welcome sample.
I actually had my eye on this item on the Well.ca website- they carry the whole line there.
The nail polish remover worked quite well and I like that there is no strong scent to this. I do not think it works well at all to remove glitter nail polish- you need something much stronger for that.
 Also another plus is it did not burn my fingers to use. Since Suncoat polish remover comes in a 30ml bottle, it would be great for travel.

* Glamorous Cosmetics: eyeshadow palette in 2? Full size product, value $9.50
   The colours in the palette look nice, but I have so many eyeshadows already that I will pass this along to a friend and have her report back.

BONUS: nail polish with 1 year subscription: RGB #103 TOAST. Full size 12ml, value $16.00.
This nail polish was a very nice surprise! I was not expecting to see such an expensive polish in my bag this year. The color Toast that was sent to everyone is a nice, neutral beige/brown shade that has a cream finish.
Seeing as this is in the Dec bag I expected something more festive and glittery like what every other box sent out. But I really do like the color Glymm sent out, it is one I will use year round.
I have never tried a RGB polish before and the finish is quite nice too. I'm going to check out other polish from this line.


No comments:

Post a Comment