Wednesday, August 22, 2012

GLOSSYBOX June 2012 contents...more Drugstore than Dept store?

I received my Glossybox a few weeks ago and have been very behind in all my reviews.
My main computer stopped working and injury lead to almost no typing.
The contents of the box are good overall,but I do feel that Glossybox (in Canada at least) is not really living up to the promise of "high end samples" and lately has been more drugstore items.
Usually I do not mind drugstore items- it is just Glossybox should maybe rephrase it's mission statement?
It is still a good value and I have been getting my money's worth,so will stay subscribed for now!

Here is a list of what I received for June 2012:

*Biore Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser (200ml full size product, value $9.99)
-Have not tried this yet-will update soon!

*Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen lotion (14ml tube, full size is 88ml $15.99)
This is a nice purse size and I do like this product.
But I did get this same sample free from the Neutrogena anniversary promotion-so do not really consider this a "deluxe sample".

*Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz (150ml full size, value $16.99)
Usually I like all Wella styling products I have tried so far,but have never tried any of these ocean type hair sprays that have been popular for a while.
Will update once I try this out late in the week.

*Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex (7ml tube value $5 , full size is 50ml $30.99) not
This is a nice light serum. Have not used it long enough to report any results.
I have at least 3 samples of this from other boxes,so am able to properly test this out.

*Covergirl Flipstick Blendable lip duo in 855 Minx (full size 3.8gr $12.50)
This is a neat idea,but not exactly a shade I would have liked.
Generally I do not wear dark lip makeup and stick to pinks and nudes.
Minx is more a dark brown and copper shade. I do like the copper end of the lipstick better.
But it is a neat idea,as you can customize your lip makeup on the go.
Since I have "wasting" makeup I am going to use this over my lipbalms that have sunscreen to get a more sheer look!
I might be tempted to check out the other shades in this line next time I am at the drugstore!

*Gilette Venus Embrace Razor (one razor and cartrige- value $13.43)
The packaging stated that this has 5 blades and is Venus' closest shave.
I have not tried this specific razor,but all the multiple blade Gillette products I have tried are great,so I'm sure this is a good product!

*Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strip (1 strip, value $1.50/full size box is 8 strips and $10.00)
I've tried samples of this before and it is ok. I do not like how hard the product feels once it is dry on your skin. Will most likely give this to a friend as my pores are already very clean from using a weekly face mask.

Theme for June 2012

Glossybox list of contents June 2012

Contents of June 2012 Glossybox!!

If you have tried any of these products or subscribe to Glossybox I would love to know what your thoughts are on these products are service?
So far I am having fun trying products I would not usually pick up for myself. As long as the value is decent I will stay signed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment