Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I made Bacon and Cheddar scones!

I have eaten out quite a lot lately, but rarely think of posting dishes I have made.
My resolution this year will be to post more tasty dishes and recipes online!
I'll start with some Cheddar and organic maple syrup bacon scones.
They were quite tasty and also freeze well (as I had many left over).
The Cheddar came from the local producer Les Folies Bergeres (www.lafromagerielesfoliesbergeres.ca).
The organic bacon came from local producer Ferme Fee et Fougere and is made with organic pork and organic maple syrup.
Both these delicious ingredients were bought through the Marche Outaouais, which is a farmer's market that is in Gatineau. You can order your items online and they are dropped off at the food co-op where you pick up your items a few days later.
I think this is a great modern idea and quite a time saver!
To find out more about this new market their website is at:
http://marcheoutaouais.com/MSR/VISITEUR/CADRE/cadre_principal.php

ORGANIC MAPLE SYRUP BACON AND CHEDDAR SCONES!









No comments:

Post a Comment